Welcome to Lee’s Laboratory
Welcome to Seok-Woo Lee's Research Laboratory at University of Connecticut! Our laboratory focuses on the study of mechanical behavior of advanced structural materials at multiple length scales.
Fundamental understanding of deformation mechanisms is necessary to design robust and reliable devices from MEMS/NEMSs (Micro-/Nano-Electromechanical Systems) at small length scales to Airplanes at large length scales. Seok-Woo Lee's lab uses the state-of-the art in-situ nano-mechanical tester, advanced electron microscopy, and computer simulations to understand deformation mechanisms in various types of advanced structural materials such as micro-/nano-pillar, nanoparticle, thin film, metallic glass, nano-lattices, etc.
We hire a new PhD student!
We hire a new PhD student for “2023 Spring semester”. If anyone is interested, please contact Seok-Woo Lee! (09/22/2022)
- Tyler’s paper was highlighted at UConn Today! Congratulations!!! July 25, 2023
- Tyler visited UConn! July 25, 2023
- Tyler’s paper was published at Cell Reports Physical Science! June 29, 2023
- Shyang’s nanoindentation study on SrNi2P2 was published in JMR! June 29, 2023
- Farewell lunch with Shuyang and Jay! June 29, 2023
- MSE department highlights Tyler’s work at EAG Lab! June 4, 2023
- Congratulations on Shuyang’s graduation! June 4, 2023
- Congratulations on Jay’s graduation! June 4, 2023
- Zhongyuan’s research is highlighted at the UConn MSE webpage! May 8, 2023
- Shuyang finished his PhD defense successfully! April 7, 2023
- Zhongyuan receives the graduate summer fellowship! April 7, 2023
- Jessica’s spinel paper is published at Acta Materialia! Congrats! April 3, 2023
- Shuyang and Zhongyuan attended the TMS 2023! April 3, 2023
- Zhongyuan’s paper was published at Materials & Design! Congrats! March 13, 2023
- Zack passed the qualifying exam! Many Congratulations! March 13, 2023